"On Kiana's Flex Appeal I've motivated millions of television viewers around the world to live a healthy lifestyle." Kiana Tom
Here are 8 simple tips to make your life more active and healthy.
1. Workout and be active the same time each day. It's easier to get into a routine if you have this mindset. It's important to consider what type of person you are. If you're the kind of person who needs a nudge to get to exercise, workout first thing in the morning even if it's at home with weights following an online workout or DVD. Workout first thing in the morning before the day gets away from you or something comes up to prevent you from training.
2. Sleep. Go to sleep at the same time each night your body will get used to it. Try to sleep with your next rate not propped up on too many pillows to prevent waking up with a sore neck. No caffeine mid day.
3. On the go Pro-tein. Eat 5-6 Mini Meals that include clean, lean protein. Often the protein component is the most challenging to find when you're on the go. Simple sources of protein include hard-boiled eggs, cheese, pre packaged raw almonds, all natural protein bars, protein drinks, or even Beef jerky without MSG or nitrates. Keep healthy snacks with you at all times in your car, back pack, purse etc. Having healthy food will prevent you from grabbing junk food.
Kiana's Fit Cooking shows filmed at the Marriott Hotels
4. Eat smart. When you go cook at home or go to a restaurant, remember to order your protein & veggies 1 of 4 ways: grilled, baked, steamed or poached. I always order my chicken grilled. I will order fish grilled or enjoy it raw- love sushi! Check out my Fit Cooking Shows for delicious health recipes such as Seared Ahi with black sesame. Grocery shopping: shop the perimeter of the grocery store where the fresh produce, protein and dairy are displayed. Avoid the center aisles where they keep processed foods and junk food. Don't deprive yourself of foods you love, because that is the 1st thing you'll over eat. Instead, have a couple bites. If you can't do that, then find another option that has less sugar or use coconut sugar instead of granulated sugar. Coconut sugar has 3-9 grams of fructose compared to 50% in granulated. I have many guilt free dessert recipes that are good for you here such as my Tofu Dark Chocolate Pudding.
On the set of Kiana's Flex Appeal nutrition segments
5. H20. Study show that most people are dehydrated and don't drink enough water. The easiest way to make sure you drink water is when it's cold and delicious. I like to infuse mine with fresh fruit in a infusion bottle. I like this so much that I've made some for my Kiana Brand, Strong is Sexy and Aloha Logos. Keep it in the car, take it to the gym, errands. Basically your moisturizing your body from the inside out it improves your skin, your hair, and flushes toxins from your body.
6. Add muscle! Lift weights! Increase lean muscle mass by lifting weights. Choose a weight that's challenging enough to make the last couple reps difficult to lift without sacrificing form. Having a body with lean muscle helps you burn fat all day long even when you're sleeping because it takes more calories to sustain muscle than fat. That's why you see fit people always eating! Click here for excellent and fun strength training routines that I do.
7. Make fitness fun! Lifting weights & body weight training is the foundation of adding muscle. Adding the cross training component is an excellent way to keep your workouts fun and changing! Do you like riding bikes? Swimming? Taking group fitness classes? Volleyball? Tennis? Jogging on the beach? Find something you truly love to do and staying active will be easy for you. It's never too late to take up a new sport or learn something new!
Train with a partner, it's easier to stay fit when you surround yourself with like minded people with similar goals! Kiana
8. Brain Fitness. Did you ever think about rain fitness? There are many apps that challenge your brain and improve memory, reaction and your thought process. Crossword puzzle's, board games like Scrabble are excellent too.
Why this move is amazing: Because you’re holding a weight…
Let's connect on Snap Chat!
Hey everyone do you love strong, sculpted, athletic shoulders? So…
Your email address will not be published.