11 Feb 7 Simple Tips to Drink More Water
Drink More Water
Most people don't drink enough water
Hungry? Drink a glass of water. Often when we think we're hungry, we are really just thirsty.
How many glasses of water do you drink per day? I love water and drink it all day long. Some people tell me they don't like the taste of water?! How can you not like the taste? There isn't any taste? Water is vital for life. It lubricates your digestive system, flushes toxins, hydrates your skin and hair.
Simple ways to drink more water:
- 1. Add fruit. Add fruit to a Fruit Infusion Bottle that infuses the water with natural fruit juices and nutrients, making plain water taste like your favorite fruits and adding extra vitamin C and anti oxidants.
- 2. Add juice 50/50: Mix water with juice 50/50. Gradually increase the ratio until you only have 10% juice. The less juice, the less sugar and more water.
- Eat fruit that is loaded with water: Watermelon and strawberries contain about 92 percent water per volume. Other fruits with high water content include grapefruit with 91 percent, cantaloupe with 90 percent and peaches with 88 percent water. Fruits containing 87 percent water by weight include pineapple, cranberries, orange and raspberries. Apricots hold 86 percent water, while blueberries and plums contain 85 percent water. The water content for apples and pears is 84 percent. Cherries and grapes contain an average of 81 percent water. And, a banana's composition includes 74 percent water. f1
- 4. Eat Veggies loaded with water: On top of the vegetables list are cucumber and lettuce, consisting of 96 percent water. Zucchini, radish and celery are comprised of 95 percent water. Ninety-four percent of tomato's weight is water, and green cabbage is 93 percent water. Vegetables that contain 92 percent water include cauliflower, eggplant, red cabbage, peppers and spinach. Broccoli is 91 percent water by weight. Additional healthy hydrating foods include carrots with 87 percent water and green peas and white potatoes with 79 percent water. f2
- 5. Start a Water Bet: Challenge your friends and family to see who can drink X glasses of water per day!
- 6. Get a Water Filter Pitcher or water cooler. I prefer cold, pure, filtered water. Make water the best it can be with a water filter from your local drug store or rent a water cooler and get it delivered. It's much better cold. Plus most services supply hot water for easy coffee, tea and soups. Try my Coconut Coffee, Coconut Oil is healthy and good for you. Butter from grass fed cows is natural and good for you, just high in fat. The result is a creamy, nutty, delicious cup of coffee with natural ingredients.
- 7. Naked and Afraid? Hiking? Back Packing? Camping? Get a Hydration Pack that has a water pouch and sipping straw for easy access, my husband likes Camelbak HydroBak Hydration Pack