1. Drink more water: "I drink a glass of water when I get up, before every meal and before bed. Many times people think they are hungry when they are really just thirsty." Kiana. Increase your metabolism by 30% by drinking 16 oz of chilled water, the metabolic increase will last up to 90 minutes! Cheers!
2. Swap Foods: "I always choose healthier options for every food. Start with a few simple food trades and soon it will be 2nd nature. Soon after that, you will prefer the healthier option! Promise!" says Kiana. Start with baby steps: Replace french fries with baked fries. Replace cookies with sliced apples and peanut butter. Replace sparkling water with lemon instead of soda. My favorites: Replace ice cream with Dark Chocolate Tofu Pudding (Recipe here.) Or replace a milk shake with a peanut butter - chocolate protein shake for dessert, made with a frozen banana. Recipe here.
3. More ZZZZs: WT? "We all know that afternoon slump, when you get tired and reach for a sugary treat, right? Instead, go to sleep earlier." Kiana. Yep. Extra zzzz's help prevent over eating. 5 days of sleeping less than 5 hours per night can cause over eating. Yikes!
4. Do a Full Body Workout with Weights 3x per week: "Most people don't lift heavy enough weights. To get in shape faster, select a weight that makes the last few reps. a real challenge without sacrificing form." says Kiana. Lifting weights helps you increase lean muscle. Increasing lean muscle enables your body to burn more calories all day long, even when you're sleeping. Select an amount of weight that is appx. 65% of your 1 rep maximum. Set your goal at doing 10-15 sets per larger muscle group per week for the best results. 8-10 sets for smaller muscle groups such as biceps and triceps. Watch and workout with my Full Body Strength Training Workouts online here.
5. Do Interval Workouts: "I do Interval Workouts for cardio and strength exercises, it's efficient, gets me in shape fast, it's exhilarating and is a really fun way to train." Kiana. Interval workouts burn big calories and keep your metabolism up long after the workout is over. Access "live" and recorded Interval Workouts online here.
Tags: advice, tips, weight loss
Share the Health
Why this move is amazing: Because you’re holding a weight…
Let's connect on Snap Chat!
Your email address will not be published.